Thursday, May 24, 2012

And I Am Telling You, best Idol performance ever!

This is without a doubt the best Idol performance I've ever seen. It's incredible. It's amazing. Goosebumps all over. Only a fool would not appreciate this song and the these two amazing singers who sang it on American Idol.
Jennifer Holliday and Jessica Sanchez singing "And I Am Telling You" on Idol

Grammy award-winning Jennifer Holliday became known for her role in the Broadway musical "Dreamgirls" as Effie Melody. Her performance was widely acclaimed, particularly her iconic performance of the torch song, "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going," (And I Am Telling You for short) which made her a Broadway star and catapulted her to national stardom. Here's a video of the original song:

And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going by Jennifer Holliday

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts. Be kind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...