Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lugawan Republic

I was supposed to write this post last Sunday, but I didn't have the time (we bought so many good DVDs I couldn't help but go on a marathon). I only have a couple of minutes so I'll make this short.

Mike and I went to BF Paranaque to buy DVDs. Immediately after we paid for a bunch, we set out to look for a place to sit down, enjoy the weather, and eat. There were a lot of good restaurants that we frequent, but we wanted to try something else, something we haven't been to. Mike suggest Lugawan Republic and I said yes.


I was really pleased that the restaurant didn't look like the regular lugawan places around town. It was clean and cozy, quiet and comfortable, and the food was good. I said good, not great.

We had pilugaw, chicken fingers and fries, and sago't gulaman.

I'm not used to having noodles on my lugaw so you can just imagine my surprise that pilugaw has it. It's just strange, but it wasn't bad at all. Though the taste was alright, pilugaw's sauce was thicker than the average lugaw I know--almost paste-like. It was their bestseller. Not for me.


The chicken fingers and fries we ordered was a huge disappointment for me. The chicken fingers, dry and bland; the fries, greasy. Didn't like it at all.


The sago't gulaman, on the other hand, was amazing. It was cool and refreshing. Silver lining.


Oh, they also serve pandan water to customers. It was an unpleasant experience for me to drink it. I don't know about you, but I like my pandan on my dessert, not on my drink.

1 comment:

  1. hehehe...i love lugaw with noodles, i usually put one whenever i make my lugaw.. hehehe...

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts. Be kind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...